What not to do when you hit your head on the medicine cabinet:
- Sit on the floor and cry.
- Realize you’re bleeding and panic.
- Realize you’re bleeding from a perfectly square hole in your scalp where you’ve been effectively hole-punched by the mirror corner and get blood in your eyes frantically trying to change the laws of perspective so you can see it in the mirror.
- Get even more blood in your eyes trying to use two hand mirrors along with the mirror on the Medicine Cabinet Of Doom. Continue to fail to see said hole-in-head.
- Imagine that you can probably see all the way down to your skull, and that it’s probably for the best that it’s at such an awkward non-visible angle.
- Wonder if you need stitches, decide you can’t possibly drive yourself to the hospital so it’s a moot point, forget that the hospital is only a block away.
- Wonder if the cats are circling out of sympathy, or because they’re planning to eat your brains through the hole in your head once you pass out from blood loss.
- Hyperventilate just a touch.
- Let every frozen vegetable in your freezer thaw out on your head, do the math, realize you just effectively bought a $25 one-use ice pack.
- Vow to be a grown-up and buy an actual ice pack later. (Never actually buy said ice pack)
- Freak out and get husband to come home from work.
- While waiting for him watch dinosaur documentaries, realize it’s not actually so bad once you’re sitting still and distracted.
- Kiss him when he rushes in the door in emergency mode and tell him it’s really nothing, why is he so worried?